Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

With three boys in elementary school and one in preschool there were a lot of Valentine's to make this year.  85 to be exact.  And with 4 very different personalities, they each wanted something a bit different.  

Of course the first place I headed when I needed an idea was Pinterest.  Who hasn't been lost there for hours on end?  Aidan (7) happened to see this idea and he really liked it, so his were pretty easy thanks to my camera and My Digital Studio.

Connor (8) is my funny-man.  He's always crackin' jokes and laughing so his needed to be something funny.  He "totally got" the smartie pants joke right away and again, thanks to My Digital Studio and the Celebrate Any Day Designer Kit download (which has the pants image), he was able to assemble his cards all on his own.  We just printed the card, attached a Smarties candy to each leg and then cut out another pair of pants to attach on top.

Declan (4) LOVES the Big Shot.  Anytime I have die cutting to do he wants to crank it so I knew his Valentines would include some die cuts.  There are some peanut allergies in his class we we opted for lollipops and he did all the die cutting to make these adorable flowers using the Fun Flowers Bigz Die.

Finally, my eldest Lucas (10) is getting to the age when cutsie Valentine's are just not cool.  By this age, its really all just about the candy.  I get that but I just couldn't let 'neckid' candy be given so we wrapped the Hershey miniatures in Designer Series paper and added a nice little tag.  He was able to do all the wrapping, stamping and die cutting himself!  I stepped in when monotony threatened to take over but they turned out great.

I can't show you the Valentines I made for some of my girlfriends yet because several of them read this blog and they wont be getting theirs till we get together on Friday so you will have to wait too.  I do have one more thing I can share though.  I mentioned the My Digital Studio program earlier and if you are not familiar with it, it is a digital papercrafting program offer by Stampin' Up!  Its a wonderful way to create photo books, calendars, scrapbook pages, cards, flyers, invitation or just about anything else you can come up with.  Want to see what else I just created with it?

 Connor is having a sleepover campout birthday party (yeah for Feb weather in Texas!) so I made the invitations for it.  I used the Happy Camper Digital Download and was able to use the coloring tool to make the flames of the campfire various colors.  The best part about My Digital Studio is that you can try it for FREE!  Click on the SHOP button on the right and download your free trial offer today and see what you can create.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Heather



No comments: