Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fun Flower Technique

Last month I taught my Stampin' Club girls this cool technique for making flowers using ribbon! I learned this technique from the Stampin' Up demonstrator website (an awesome perk for being a demo!). There are a couple variations of it as you can see from this first photo.



Start with a circle of card stock covered with sticky strip. Adhere your ribbon to the center of the circle and then begin to twist your ribbon as you wrap it around and around covering the sticky circle. For the upper flower, I tied loose knots all along my ribbon and then just coiled it around in a circle. My Club ladies loved how easy this really was and how it added such a nice touch to a card.



We added it to this card featuring the Vintage Vogue stamp set, the Tulip Border Embossing Folder and those gorgeous In Colors, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizazz and Concord Crush.

I then used this card as inspiration for another card that I will be teaching at the monthly Penfield Rec class.



If you like this card, there is still time to sign up for the April 12th class. We will be making a total of 10 cards including two more which I will show you next week. With that little tease I will leave you for now.
Happy Stampin'
Heather
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: