Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring is Blossoming

I think it's finally coming! The temperatures look to be in the 50s all week with lots of rain. That seems like a Rochester spring to me. Spring is also blossoming at Stampin' Up! and they are celebrating by offering a sneak peek at the new catalog. During the month of April when you spend $20 on Stampin' Up! products, you are eligible to purchase the Four Frames Stamp Set and the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper. Both of these items will be in the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog but don't wait because after April 30, these items won't be available again until July. Click here for more details on how to order.
Last Friday my Club ladies made two great spring projects. The first one was an adorable little treat box that I got from fellow demonstrator Beth McAlexander's blog. It is the perfect size Box for leaving a little Easter treat for someone special.



Once we filled our little boxes with the M&Ms, we couldn't leave any the extras just sitting there so we gobbled up the rest and started on project #2. This card used a technique called Quilting that I first saw Becky Roberts do. The Springtime Vintage DSP just fit so beautifully with this technique and my gals loved how easy it was. They even started brainstorming all the other Embossing Folders they could use to create great quilted designs.



Are you like many in my classes and Clubs who struggle to make a 'perfect' bow or knot? You are definitely not alone and due to the overwhelming appeals, I will be offering a nuts and bolts class called Knots & Bows! This class will cover several different knot and bow styles in a hands-on learning environment. In addition, I will also teach you how to dye our ribbon to match any Stampin' Up! color. The class will be held on Sunday, May 1 at 2pm. The class fee is only $8 and includes an entire roll of beautiful organza ribbon but you must register and prepay before Easter to ensure your ribbon is here.
Did you know I teach private stamp classes? They are a great alternative to the traditional workshop for repeat hostesses and friends that want an excuse to get together and stamp on a monthly basis. Contact me to book your class today!

Heather

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: